The adoption of know-how has various functions, similar to on-line purchasing, e-banking, distant schooling, and telehealth, for customers. The main focus of analysis has now shifted to evaluating the affect of social variables, similar to gender, age, surroundings, and cultural settings, on folks’s adoption of know-how.1 The sudden eruption of the novel coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has begun a brand new period of social change, particularly within the schooling system. The abrupt disruption within the social order prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic has introduced into the highlight the problem of immediately switching from proximate studying to distant studying platforms.2
Towards the backdrop of robust technological capabilities, universities within the developed world have efficiently transitioned to digital studying.3 Pushed by the situations created by lockdown, educators have adopted varied digital strategies and technological instruments, similar to Zoom, Microsoft Groups, and Tencent Conferences, acceptable for distance studying. Presently, most academic institutes are more and more concerned in on-line actions, programs, and levels associated to instructing and analysis.4–8 Nevertheless, as a result of of an absence of technological infrastructure and academic platforms, as properly as community constraints, academic establishments within the growing world have struggled with this pressured transition to on-line studying.9
A number of research have examined the position of digital platforms in instructing and studying throughout the pandemic.10,11 These research have offered varied academic pedagogies for learners and educators for efficient studying. For instance, Lapitan et al12 introduced a web-based technique that facilitated the transition from conventional face-to-face studying to finish on-line instruction, referred to as Uncover, Study, Apply, Collaborate, and Assess (DLPCA). The DLPCA pedagogy consists of two elements. In the primary (asynchronous) half, course content material is taught by way of the broadcasting of prerecorded lectures similar to YouTube movies for college kids to self-study at their very own tempo. Within the second (synchronous) half, lecturers train on-line by way of Zoom or Google Meet. Earlier than the precise implementation, the DLPCA pedagogy was introduced and conveyed to the scholars. Lapitan et al12 documented a constructive influence of DLPCA on college students’ studying and lecturers’ on-line instructing expertise. One other pedagogy technique, the Exhibit–Have interaction–Assess framework for Sensible on-line instructing of Preclinical topics (DEAPP), contains three parts.13 The primary part is the demonstration, the place lecturers work together with the scholars by way of dwell or recorded movies. The second is engagement, the place lecturers provoke the scholars’ pondering and questioning conduct by way of crucial evaluation of the contents. Lastly, the third part is evaluation, and this framework permits college students to undertake self-assessment by way of quizzes or on-line multiple-choice questions. Khan et al13 discovered that DEAPP was partaking and gratifying, and motivated studying by the scholars and lecturers.
A number of research have documented the conflicting views relating to digital studying and implementing the web instructing pedagogies. For instance, a couple of research discovered digital studying to be helpful and handy.14–16 Menon et al17 discovered that medical college students perceived reasonable satisfaction and usefulness with the continuing on-line lessons. Some college students opined that the flexibleness and comfort of on-line lessons make them a gorgeous choice; on-line studying was seen as an actual problem.18 Rahiem19 discovered that the scholars had been motivated and dedicated to their research regardless of the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nevertheless, different research have discovered digital studying to be difficult and traumatic.20,21 For instance, Daumiller et al22 claimed that the efficiency and work avoidance (e.g. spending the day with little effort) objectives had been perceived as threats prompted by the shift from conventional to on-line instructing and studying. Scherer et al23 concluded that lecturers in greater schooling should not a homogeneous group, indicating that their progressive potential in schooling could also be a wrestle for on-line instructing and studying. Furthermore, in line with Srivastava et al,24 college students confronted anxiousness points throughout the rising distant studying interval. Specifically, psychological well being scores that point out despair are excessive amongst college students disrupted by COVID-19.25 Given the range of research and viewpoints of the researchers, on this examine, to search out out extra concerning the implications of COVID-19 on on-line instructing and studying, we determined to conduct a bibliometric evaluation to search out solutions to the next analysis questions:
RQ1. Which authors, journals, and international locations have the very best bibliometric influence on digital studying and COVID-19 pandemic literature?
RQ2. What are the important thing developments for analysis on digital studying and COVID-19 pandemic literature?
That is the primary investigative examine utilizing bibliometric evaluation to scrutinize the distance-learning actions and developments amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Bibliometric evaluation is utilized in many research because it helps students to establish the literature developments and influential research associated to a particular self-discipline.26–28 Thus, this scientometric assessment contributes to the quickly rising physique of literature on the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic and on-line studying in a number of methods.
First, it presents a holistic view of the fragmented literature scattered across the COVID-19 outbreak and distant studying by analyzing the international locations, journals, and authors with probably the most contributions, and exploring analysis developments by way of key phrase evaluation. Second, the synthesis of the extant literature highlights some pertinent analysis gaps that ought to seize researchers’ consideration. Our examine finds the next 4 analysis developments on this area, with research exploring: 1) the challenges in on-line studying and blended studying methods;11−15,29−32 2) course design, and student-centered and collaborative studying;3,33–38 3) home-based laboratory studying;39–43 and 4) the results of the skilled competence of lecturers and interdisciplinary studying.44,45 Our examine finds a dearth of research on post-pandemic methods to regulate the present academic insurance policies relating to tutorial design, pedagogical methods, and evaluation strategies to maintain studying in a dynamic surroundings that’s pivoted by digital schooling. Lastly, based mostly on the emergent analysis themes and influential features of the literature, we talk about vital coverage implications for academic establishments, regulators, academic leaders, and academicians.
This pandemic has most severely hit the schooling system in growing international locations, which wouldn’t have the academic applied sciences and on-line studying platforms required to shift to on-line studying.9 Furthermore, there may be a shortage of research on how the academic system in underdeveloped and impoverished international locations has responded to this pandemic. This phenomenon can be mirrored within the negligible collaboration rating of researchers from growing areas. Therefore, future analysis may take pleasure in this bibliometric examine by filling these gaps within the literature.
The examine is organized as follows. The Strategies part describes the utilized methodology and the associated context. In Outcomes and Dialogue, the findings and dialogue of the bibliometric evaluation are introduced. The following part explores the most important implications of the work and offers instructions for future analysis. Lastly, conclusions are introduced within the final part.
We retrieved the related publications on the COVID-19 pandemic and on-line schooling from the Scopus database on Might 24, 2021, utilizing the next question “(TITLE-ABS-KEY (‘COVID-19’ OR coronavirus OR ‘Corona virus’ OR coronaviruses OR ‘2019-nCoV’ OR ‘SARS-CoV’ OR ‘MERS-CoV’) AND TITLE-ABS-KEY (‘on-line schooling’ OR ‘on-line studying’ OR ‘on-line instructing’ OR ‘digital studying’ OR ‘digital instructing’ OR ‘e-learning’ OR ‘on-line schooling’ OR ‘on-line studying’ OR ‘on-line instructing’ OR ‘distance studying’) AND TITLE-ABS-KEY (‘scholar*’ OR trainer*)) AND (LIMIT-TO (PUBYEAR, 2021) OR LIMIT-TO (PUBYEAR, 2020)) AND (LIMIT-TO (LANGUAGE, ‘English’)) AND (LIMIT-TO (DOCTYPE, ‘ar’) OR LIMIT-TO. (DOCTYPE, ‘re’)).” Following PRISMA tips (Determine 1), we recruited 1595 research from 2680 based mostly on our inclusion standards. Our inclusion standards embody: 1) the examine’s most important goal is to investigate the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic on on-line instructing and studying; 2) the examine is printed within the English language; and three) the examine is a peer-reviewed article.
Determine 1 Circulation diagram of the examine choice course of.
Desk 1 offers the element of the chosen research on COVID-19 and on-line studying. Our examine recruited 1595 articles printed on this analysis area from 2020 to 2021, printed in 589 tutorial journals. Research had been predominantly in the shape of analysis articles, and solely 66 had been assessment research. We recognized 3014 authors’ key phrases in our chosen research. The authors’ statistics reveal that 5557 appeared in the chosen paperwork, out of which 256 had been single-authored paperwork and 5301 had been multi-authored paperwork. There have been 3.7 co-authors per doc, representing a excessive diploma of collaboration on this analysis area.
Desk 1 Particulars of Chosen Research
Bibliometrix software program R was used to investigate the bibliometric analysis developments.46 Towards the backdrop of the speedy proliferation of literature on COVID-19 and on-line studying, it’s crucial to look at the bibliometric features, similar to the variety of publications, influence issue, citations, H-index, authors, and country-wise contribution to this analysis stream. The co-citations community was employed to entry a very powerful papers cited on this area. As a holistic strategy to figuring out the important thing analysis developments, we chosen the authors’ key phrases utilized in the chosen research. This examine employed the multidimensional scaling issue evaluation methodology to discover the analysis developments utilizing the authors’ key phrases, which is taken into account a complicated method in a given analysis space.47–49
Evaluation of Educational Affect
The present analysis employs an H-index to evaluate the tutorial affect of authors, journals, and analysis establishments. The H-index was first propagated by Hirsch50 as:
a researcher has an index H if H of his/her publications (Np) at the least have H citations every, whereas the remaining of every Np-H publication has not more than H quotation.
Thus, the analysis standards for an H-index combine the variety of citations and variety of publications as a exact measure of tutorial contribution, the place a excessive H-index demonstrates a excessive tutorial influence. However, it’s a useful analytical device to measure institutional energy in a particular self-discipline.51
A big and distinctive characteristic of tutorial analysis is the intensive collaboration amongst teachers and researchers at a number of ranges.52 The diploma of tutorial collaboration is a helpful indicator to gauge analysis collaboration.53 The current examine evaluates authors, establishments, and international locations to measure the diploma of tutorial collaboration by using the next equation:54
the place denotes the country-level diploma of collaboration, whereas represents the variety of international locations for the yr , and N represents the entire variety of publications on COVID-19 and on-line studying.
Social Community Evaluation
Social community evaluation is a device used to investigate the patterns of relationships amongst social actors in teams. This examine employed social community evaluation to cluster frequent citations among the many chosen research. In social community evaluation, “factors” illustrate social actors, and “edges” present the affiliation amongst “factors”.55 Therefore, it’s a potent device to quantify the connection among the many social community actors, which might be additional labeled right into a matrix of social connections and a graph of social networks.56 Rows and columns signify social components and social actors, whereas matrix values present the affiliation between varied social actors. In a community graph, social actors are denoted by nodes, and the affiliation amongst actors is illustrated by connecting the leads between nodes.56 The betweenness centrality methodology is probably the most broadly out there strategy to seize what number of variations exist in a node in comparison with different nodes in a community.57 On this examine, now we have used the betweenness rating to measure the community’s betweenness centrality. A greater betweenness rating exhibits the dominance of a node/actor within the community.58
Key phrases Evaluation
Key phrases point out the essence of a analysis doc, and co-occurrence evaluation displays key analysis developments inside a particular self-discipline.59 The present analysis analyzes key phrases to watch influential analysis hotspots in publications on COVID-19 and on-line studying. The incidence of two or extra related key phrases signifies a analysis path in a given analysis space.60 Likewise, the co-word evaluation makes use of a terminology or noun phrase to establish analysis themes in a literature stream.61 The present analysis performs a multidimensional scaling issue evaluation methodology by way of the authors’ key phrases to establish analysis themes in the chosen research.
Outcomes and Dialogue
Desk 2 presents the findings of the highest 20 international locations when it comes to analysis productiveness in the world of the COVID-19 pandemic and on-line schooling. The highest international locations’ contributions are as follows: the USA, 772 analysis publications (48%); India, 214 (13%); and Indonesia, 197 (12%). Furthermore, the USA demonstrates a superior tutorial influence to the remaining of the world, with the very best variety of citations (558). The UK is ranked seventh in analysis publications and second in citations (262). Lastly, growing, rising, and technologically superior economies similar to India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, and China have contributed considerably to this area, with these international locations contributing 214, 197, 171, and 139 analysis publications, respectively.
Desk 2 High 20 Productive Nations in Phrases of Analysis Publications on COVID-19 and On-line Studying
Educational analysis collaborations are important for sharing and transferring information amongst researchers and establishments. By using social community evaluation, as proven in Determine 2, international locations are labeled into 5 clusters based mostly on their diploma of analysis collaboration in the sector. In the primary cluster (blue), researchers within the USA and the UK are the dominating collaborators, with betweenness scores of 331.63 and 243.21, respectively. Likewise, the second cluster (inexperienced) signifies that Malaysian and Saudi Arabian researchers are the very best collaborators, with betweenness scores of 105.4 and 54.56, respectively. In distinction, the diploma of analysis collaboration within the remaining 13 international locations on this cluster is sort of minimal.
Determine 2 Nation-wise analysis collaboration.
Notes: In the primary cluster (blue), the USA and the UK are the dominating international locations based mostly on centrality; the second cluster (inexperienced) signifies that Malaysian and Saudi Arabian researchers are dominant based mostly on centrality; the third cluster (pink) exhibits that Australia demonstrates the very best diploma of collaboration; within the fourth cluster (orange), the Netherlands and Ghana have intensive analysis networking; and the final cluster (purple) demonstrates Italy’s most analysis collaboration. The thickness of the strains exhibits that a rustic serves as a bridge between totally different international locations of their community.
The third cluster (pink) exhibits that Australia demonstrates the very best diploma of collaboration, with a betweenness rating of 99.58, whereas China is in second place within the community with a betweenness rating of 28.26. Within the fourth cluster (orange), the Netherlands and Ghana have intensive analysis networking, as mirrored by betweenness scores of 110 and 38, respectively. In distinction, Nigeria and Hungary have the least analysis collaboration on this cluster. Lastly, the final cluster (purple) demonstrates Italy’s most analysis collaboration, with a betweenness rating of 111.79. At the identical time, France, Switzerland, and Austria don’t present appreciable analysis networking. In a nutshell, technologically superior economies similar to the USA, the UK, Australia, China, and Italy are on the forefront of analysis on the COVID-19 pandemic and on-line studying as they’ve the required infrastructure to assist on-line instructing and studying actions.
Our pattern constitutes 1595 analysis articles from 589 tutorial journals. Desk 3 lists the highest 20 most efficient journals when it comes to analysis output. In complete, 457 (29%) of the analysis publications appeared in these journals throughout 2020–21. The Journal of Chemical Training stands out as probably the most prolific analysis outlet, with 118 analysis paperwork (7%) and 199 complete citations. Sustainability journal, with a extra multidisciplinary orientation, is second with 51 publications (3.19%).
Desk 3 High 20 Productive Journals in Analysis on COVID-19 and On-line Studying
With 35 publications (2.19%) and 98 citations, Training Sciences is ranked third. Training and Info Expertise journal is ranked fourth, with 26 publications and 61 citations from the topic class of knowledge know-how. The remainder of the highest journals are from the medical schooling, surroundings, and public well being domains, with 15 publications every.
Info relating to the analysis contributions of the highest 20 authors is introduced in Desk 4. Benjamin Luke Moorhouse, from Hong Kong Baptist College, Hong Kong, China (https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3913-5194), and Sangeeta Sharma, from India (https://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/pilani/sang/profile), every printed six analysis articles, with complete quotation scores of 76 and 44, respectively. Moorehouse’s analysis primarily concentrates on homework practices, instructing immersion, and e-learning. Sharma primarily printed on distance studying, technical communication, and artistic pondering. Apart from, it’s value noting that the majority of the authors within the listing of prime 20 researchers are from rising economies similar to China and India. Their analysis is considerably much less impactful in citations than that of authors from superior international locations.
Desk 4 High 20 Productive Authors in Analysis on COVID-19 and On-line Studying
To discover probably the most frequent literature on this area, we employed the co-citation community depicted in Determine 3. We recognized the 4 totally different clusters of most generally cited research on this area.
Determine 3 Most incessantly cited research.
Notes: The thickness of the containers and contours signifies the significance of the research that function a bridge in frequent citations of their respective community based mostly on betweenness scores. The primary cluster (purple) incorporates probably the most extremely co-cited research in the sector, adopted by the second cluster (blue) after which the third cluster (pink); lastly, the final cluster (inexperienced) incorporates the fewest co-cited research.
In the primary cluster (purple), the publications of Bao62 and Hodges and Fowler63 are probably the most cited research, with betweenness scores of 285.84 and 189.96, respectively. As an example, probably the most vital contribution on this cluster was analysis carried out by Bao,62 who introduced a case examine from Peking College on adjusting on-line instructing to maximise college students’ distant studying, pressured by the pandemic. On-line tutorial design, satisfactory supply of on-line info, correct assist by the instructing workers, optimum scholar participation, and contingency planning to cope with the sudden glitches in on-line platforms had been the most important aspects of this analysis.
Likewise, within the second cluster (blue), Sahu64 emphasised the influence of the closure of universities resulting from the unfold of COVID-19 on the schooling of college students and tutorial school, and this stands out as probably the most cited examine, with a betweenness rating of 134.68.
Within the third cluster (pink), probably the most incessantly cited examine, based mostly on the very best betweenness rating of 49.62, was carried out by Almaiah et al,30 and explored the crucial challenges and components influencing the usage of on-line studying applied sciences throughout the surge of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Research within the final cluster (inexperienced) are primarily centered on the variation of on-line instructing by the tutorial workers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The extremely cited work by König et al65 studied the aptitude of younger lecturers to make use of academic applied sciences and preserve social interplay with their college students. Their findings assert that the digital competence of the college and alternatives for coaching in info and communication applied sciences (ICT) show instrumental in enhancing lecturers’ digital competence.
Desk 5 presents the highest 20 most cited research on this area, with complete citations and citations per yr.30,32,66–71 For instance, Iyer et al68 was probably the most cited work, with 88 citations, which examined the influence of COVID-19 on dental schooling within the USA. Their examine mentioned the dearth of steerage from medical authorities on making certain social distancing to shield college students, sufferers, school, and workers from this lethal outbreak. The examine presents some easy methods that might be applied to make sure the continuity of dental schooling. After that, Dedeilia et al32 was the second most extremely cited examine, with 69 citations; these authors carried out a scientific assessment of challenges and improvements in medical and surgical schooling throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
Desk 5 High 20 Most Cited Publications on COVID-19 and On-line Studying
Most analysis appeared in medical schooling, studying applied sciences, and multidisciplinary journals. Moorhouse71 was the third most influential work, with 63 citations. He illustrated how a face-to-face trainer’s schooling course was tailored to be delivered on-line owing to COVID-19, and the challenges confronted in adjusting the course contents and on-line supply. Equally impactful analysis, with 62 citations, was printed by Favale et al,66 highlighting the weird strain exerted by the COVID-19 pandemic on the web instructing platform. Their findings present that the web platform has been resilient in dealing with this unprecedented problem of conducting on-line instructing.
Determine 4 presents a strategic diagram of probably the most influential analysis themes within the literature on COVID-19 and on-line studying extracted by way of the multidimensional scaling issue evaluation methodology. We recognized 4 clusters that present us with the most important analysis developments on this area.
Determine 4 Strategic diagram representing analysis developments.
Notes: Clusters are divided based mostly on subject modeling, as indicated in totally different colours. These are portrayed from proper to left, with the primary cluster (pink) having the very best variety of attainable subjects and sub-topics, and the final two clusters (inexperienced and purple) having the fewest subjects.
Cluster 1: Challenges in On-line Studying and Blended Studying Methods
The primary cluster (pink) covers the research targeted on the challenges and coping mechanisms in on-line studying, blended studying, and on-line instructing methods. It additionally contains the research relating to the adoption of academic applied sciences to optimize distant studying and evaluation. Particularly, research mentioned the important thing challenges confronted by the instructing school and college students, together with entry to a secure on-line connection, lack of skilled improvement of educators and college students on-line, and switching from classroom studying to distant studying, an absence of social interplay, and problem in fostering an efficient studying surroundings.29,31,72
The research on blended studying present that academic establishments have tailored blended studying to perform tutorial actions because the pandemic remains to be evolving. For instance, Amir et al73 claimed that the majority college students (55.8%) desire classroom studying over distance studying (44.2%), as distance studying creates extra communication issues and delivers much less studying satisfaction. Likewise, Langegård et al74 report that two-thirds of the scholars’ responses favored proximate or in-class studying.
In distinction, one-third of the scholars within the analysis by Langegård et al74 favored distance studying, suggesting the necessity for blended studying. Likewise, Müller and Mildenberger75 noticed that the efficient software of blended studying may yield equal outcomes to proximate studying. Research on the adoption and use of academic applied sciences had been additionally a part of this cluster. For instance, Tejedor et al76 declare that adaptation of digital literacy in instructing and studying methods is crucial for profitable immersion in on-line schooling.
Cluster 2: Scholar-Centered, Collaborative Studying, and Curriculum Design
The second cluster (blue) focuses on student-centered and collaborative studying, and covers curriculum design research. The research on student-centered studying discovered that college students’ suggestions is crucial to judge the success of technology-driven studying endeavors. For instance, Dietrich et al3 examined the enter of college students and lecturers relating to their e-learning experiences at INSA Toulouse, France. Their findings counsel that on-line studying proved to be a combined bag, with some outstanding success tales and a few failures. Equally, Petillion and McNeil33 famous that main points, similar to private scheduling, lack of motivation and engagement, communication with the instructing school, and elevated stress and anxiousness, had been confronted by the scholars owing to an abrupt shift from proximate to on-line schooling. However, remedial instructing, mentoring, and peer assist can significantly optimize the web academic outcomes of the scholars.34
Relating to collaborative studying, one in all the challenges of on-line studying is to make sure collaboration amongst the scholars. Nickerson and Shea35 describe the usage of Zoom breakout rooms and scholar studying assistants to simulate the classroom expertise for the scholars. As well as, introducing slack time for questions and dialogue was related to an enhanced on-line studying expertise for college kids. Towards the backdrop of pressured on-line schooling, Youssef et al36 counsel adjusting each the scientific content material and tutorial design of chemistry schooling programs to make sure scholar engagement and collaboration.
Lastly, relating to curriculum design, Johnson et al37 emphasize the necessity for intensive and cautious curriculum planning on the division degree earlier than switching to distant studying platforms. The appliance of structured energetic studying strategies will help enhance the appliance of the course supplies. The academic materials and actions might be designed for college kids to use their information and abilities to topic-based energetic studying tasks administered by the teacher.38
Cluster 3: Residence-Primarily based Laboratory Studying
The third cluster (inexperienced) is centered on home-based laboratory studying. For instance, Jones et al39 delivered two on-line laboratory programs throughout the summer time of 2020 and noticed college students’ perceptions relating to on-line studying. Likewise, Kelley40 shares the means of conducting moist laboratory experiments at residence for an natural chemistry course, in a secure, handy, and cheap method. Nguyen and Keuseman41 additionally shared the experiences of college students and instructors relating to a number of laboratory experiments carried out on-line throughout the pandemic. Nevertheless, empowering college students to conduct laboratory experiments at residence is an uphill job. Ibarra-Rivera et al42 discovered that solely 80% of the scholars in a web-based laboratory course may efficiently perform experiments at residence.
However, teachers have been swift in designing new instructing strategies for laboratory-specific programs to optimize college students’ on-line studying. Warning and Kobylianskii43 claimed that utilizing extra interactive studying approaches in on-line laboratory-based experiments, similar to “choose-your-own-adventure-type” actions, may improve college students’ on-line studying throughout the pandemic. Equally, Caraballo et al77 designed a collection of environment-friendly and cheap laboratory workouts on acid–base equilibrium that may very well be carried out at residence. Furthermore, they illustrate how these on-line workouts might be tailored to be taught to various age teams and socioeconomic settings.
In laboratory-intensive programs, inquiry-based instructing has additionally gained traction amongst teachers to alleviate the pitfalls of on-line schooling amid the pandemic. Mirowsky78 shared his private expertise on how the teacher efficiently transitioned the laboratory course to an inquiry-based distance studying course at residence. All of the experiments had been inquirybased, and college students had been requested to design their tasks. Zewail-Foote79 additionally suggests adapting instructing methods and course designs in chemical schooling to deal with the abrupt shift to on-line schooling. The writer demonstrates how the main focus of a analysis venture in biochemistry was shifted from laboratory abilities to analysis abilities and a neighborhood outreach interactive exercise. Sikora et al80 discovered that inquiry-based studying methods helped biochemistry college students to successfully hyperlink between computational and laboratory-based strategies. Moreover, Ohn-Sabatello81 confused incorporating applied sciences for interactive movies, pc simulations, scholar voice and alternative choices, and on-line assessments to ship on-line programs similar to chemistry.
Cluster 4: Lecturers’ Skilled Competence and Interdisciplinary Studying
The fourth cluster (purple) consists of research on the results of the skilled competence of lecturers and interdisciplinary studying. Toto and Limone82 discovered that some faculty lecturers had been reluctant to make use of digital applied sciences owing to an absence of abilities in utilizing digital applied sciences in schooling. Equally, a survey of teachers from 91 international locations revealed a 51% variance within the position of the teacher’s demographics and skilled competence in adapting to distant studying applied sciences.44
This cluster additionally displays some multidisciplinary research, primarily discussing the interplay of know-how with COVID-19 and on-line schooling. As an example, Stevens et al45 introduced an affordable studying device that college students can use with their laptops for real-time interplay with their instructors. Engelberger et al83 developed a cloud-based platform for structural bioinformatics to combine the software program with interactive codes and visualization workouts to enhance the web studying expertise of the scholars. Equally, Singhal38 illustrated the usage of superior Zoom options to facilitate energetic studying for medicinal chemistry throughout a campus closure resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak.
Implications and Future Analysis Instructions
This scientometric and systematic synthesis of the literature on the COVID-19 pandemic and on-line studying yields emergent themes which have a number of implications for regulators, academic directors, and teachers. First, the analysis developments highlighted in our evaluation from the research printed in 2020 primarily targeted on the speedy shift to distance studying by academic establishments across the globe in response to the pandemic.30,84 Nevertheless, analysis in 2021 largely centered on adopting know-how and blended studying.12,15,75 These research additionally targeted on collaborative studying methods and on-line evaluation strategies to optimize the web instructing and studying pressured by the pandemic.39,43 Due to this fact, we comply with the DLPCA mannequin of Lapitan et al,12 who introduced a web-based technique that facilitated the transition from conventional face-to-face studying to finish on-line instruction. Moreover, one other pedagogical technique, the DEAPP mannequin,13 facilitates on-line instructing and permits college students to carry out self-assessment by way of quizzes or on-line multiple-choice questions.
Second, now we have noticed that the COVID-19 pandemic has created a number of challenges, similar to an absence of preparedness and trainer coaching to ship laboratory-intensive and mathematical programs on-line, an abrupt change in curriculum design, and scholar evaluation, for lecturers and college students altering from face-to-face studying to on-line studying.11,15,29–32 Due to this fact, our examine means that the regulators and leaders of academic establishments ought to make mandatory and proactive academic pedagogies for the post-pandemic period and future disruptions. Particularly, we advocate that extra tutorial collaborations and alternate packages ought to exist amongst academic establishments, similar to sharing laboratories and on-line academic sources, school improvement packages, and capacity-building packages for student-centered studying.85–87 The schools and the upcoming analysis can take essential insights from the latest research for establishing the most effective attainable collaborations within the time of disaster.58,88,89
Relating to future analysis instructions, there may be a dearth of research on post-pandemic methods to handle the underlying shortcomings of the present academic framework uncovered by COVID-19 and to design proactive mechanisms to deal successfully with such disruptions in the longer term. Therefore, researchers want to elucidate how academic establishments ought to reform their tutorial design, pedagogical methods, and evaluation strategies to maintain instructing and studying in a dynamic surroundings pivoted by digital schooling.90 Ease and accessibility, connectivity, course supplies, the effectiveness of on-line tutorial design, and the standard of interplay between college students and teachers are the important thing parameters that may decide the success or failure of a distant studying surroundings.91 Due to this fact, future research might contribute to this up to date literature by specializing in the success and failure tales of on-line studying throughout this pandemic, from various regional and cultural settings, to realize extra insights into the alternatives and challenges supplied by distant studying.
The pure sciences and laboratory-intensive disciplines, particularly in growing international locations, are severely affected by this transition to distant studying as college students lack the hands-on coaching, digital assist, and supplies to carry out laboratory experiments at residence, which badly hampers their studying outcomes.2 Due to this fact, involved academic directors ought to search assist from world-class universities to supply on-line tutorial supplies and simulation workouts to bridge this studying hole. Moreover, our collaboration evaluation reveals that authors from developed international locations similar to the USA, the UK, Australia, Italy, China, and Center Jap international locations exhibit the very best diploma of collaboration on this area. In distinction, researchers from underdeveloped international locations and areas have negligible collaboration, underpinning the influence of the digital divide on e-learning endeavors across the globe.92 Due to this fact, future analysis ought to embody extra cross-country collaborative research to distinction and examine the empirical outcomes throughout international locations and cultures.
Furthermore, the academic system of growing international locations has been hit onerous by the pandemic, as mirrored within the negligible contribution to on-line studying analysis, and resulting from the technological, private, institutional, and social limitations confronted by poverty-stricken nations making an attempt to change to digital studying.9 Therefore, there may be an pressing want for the United Nations and different worldwide schooling our bodies to come back ahead to assist these international locations within the adoption of on-line studying applied sciences and infrastructure. We advise that researchers may contribute to this literature by exploring cost-effective education-centric platforms and more practical collaborative methods for growing international locations to ship sustainable schooling. Apart from, high-ranking universities may present important assist to growing international locations by way of capacity-building packages, similar to providing free entry to on-line supplies, trainer coaching, and scholar alternate packages.
We acknowledge the monetary assist from the Accounting Growth Analysis Heart of the Hubei College of Economics. The open entry funds of this text are additionally supported by way of the Hubei College of Financial’s glorious Ph.D. program-wide grant quantity XJ18BS06.
The authors report no conflicts of curiosity in relation to this work.
1. Xu Z, Ge Z, Wang X, Skare M. Bibliometric evaluation of know-how adoption literature printed from 1997 to 2020. Technol Forecast Soc Change. 2021;170:120896. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2021.120896
2. Blizak D, Blizak S, Bouchenak O, Yahiaoui Ok. College students’ perceptions relating to the abrupt transition to on-line studying throughout the COVID-19 pandemic: case of school of chemistry and hydrocarbons on the College Of Boumerdes—Algeria. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):2466–2471. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00668
3. Dietrich N, Kentheswaran Ok, Ahmadi A, et al. Makes an attempt, successes, and failures of distance studying within the time of COVID-19. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):2448–2457. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00717
4. Ramirez-Asis EH, Srinivas Ok, Sivasubramanian Ok, Jaheer Mukthar Ok. Dynamics of inclusive and lifelong studying prospects by way of Large Open On-line Programs (MOOC): a descriptive examine. In: Applied sciences, Synthetic Intelligence and the Way forward for Studying Publish-COVID-19. Springer; 2022:679–696.
5. Chong SW, Khan MA, Reinders H. A crucial assessment of design options of LMOOCs. In: Laptop Assisted Language Studying. Taylor & Francis; 2022:1–21.
6. Bond M, Bedenlier S, Marín VI, Händel M. Emergency distant instructing in greater schooling: mapping the primary international on-line semester. Int J Educ Technol Excessive Educ. 2021;18(1):1–24.
7. Chen V, Sandford A, LaGrone M, Charbonneau Ok, Kong J, Ragavaloo S. An exploration of instructors’ and college students’ views on distant supply of programs throughout the COVID‐19 pandemic. Br J Educ Technol. 2022;53(3):512–533. doi:10.1111/bjet.13205
8. Händel M, Bedenlier S, Kopp B, Gläser-Zikuda M, Kammerl R, Ziegler A. The webcam and scholar engagement in synchronous on-line studying: visually or verbally? Educ Inf Technol. 2022;2022;1–24.
9. Baticulon RE, Sy JJ, Alberto NRI, et al. Boundaries to on-line studying within the time of COVID-19: a nationwide survey of medical college students within the Philippines. Med Sci Educ. 2021;31(2):615–626. doi:10.1007/s40670-021-01231-z
10. MiliĆEviĆ V, Denić N, MiliĆEviĆ Z, et al. E-learning views in greater schooling establishments. Technol Forecast Soc Change. 2021;166:120618. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2021.120618
11. Sánchez-Cruzado C, Santiago Campión R, Sánchez-Compaña M. Instructor digital literacy: the indeniable problem after COVID-19. Sustainability. 2021;13(4):1858. doi:10.3390/su13041858
12. Lapitan LD, Tiangco CE, Sumalinog DAG, Sabarillo NS, Diaz JM. An efficient blended on-line instructing and studying technique throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Educ Chem Eng. 2021;35:116–131. doi:10.1016/j.ece.2021.01.012
13. Khan AM, Patra S, Vaney N, Mehndiratta M, Chauhan R. Speedy transition to on-line sensible lessons in preclinical topics throughout COVID-19: expertise from a medical faculty in North India. Med J Armed Forces India. 2021;77:S161–S167. doi:10.1016/j.mjafi.2020.12.030
14. Khalil R, Mansour AE, Fadda WA, et al. The sudden transition to synchronized on-line studying throughout the COVID-19 pandemic in Saudi Arabia: a qualitative examine exploring medical college students’ views. BMC Med Educ. 2020;20(1):285. doi:10.1186/s12909-020-02208-z
15. Shamir-Inbal T, Blau I. Facilitating emergency distant Ok-12 instructing in computing-enhanced digital studying environments throughout COVID-19 pandemic – blessing or curse? J Educ Comput Res. 2021;59(7):1243–1271. doi:10.1177/0735633121992781
16. Wilcha R-J. Effectiveness of digital medical instructing throughout the COVID-19 disaster: systematic assessment. JMIR Med Educ. 2020;6(2):e20963. doi:10.2196/20963
17. Menon UK, Gopalakrishnan S, Ramachandran R, Child P, Sasidharan A, Radhakrishnan N. Perceptions of undergraduate medical college students relating to institutional on-line teaching-learning programme. Med J Armed Forces India. 2021;77:S227–S233. doi:10.1016/j.mjafi.2021.01.006
18. Muthuprasad T, Aiswarya S, Aditya Ok, Jha GK. College students’ notion and choice for on-line schooling in India throughout COVID-19 pandemic. Soc Sci Humanit Open. 2021;3(1):100101. doi:10.1016/j.ssaho.2020.100101
19. Rahiem MD. Remaining motivated regardless of the restrictions: college college students’ studying propensity throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Youngster Youth Serv Rev. 2021;120:105802. doi:10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105802
20. Alshutwi SS. ‘Senior nursing college students and interns’ considerations and willingness to deal with sufferers with COVID-19: a technique to broaden nationwide nursing workforce throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Threat Manag Healthc Coverage. 2021;14:39. doi:10.2147/RMHP.S279569
21. Gupta S, Dabas A, Swarnim S, Mishra D. Medical schooling throughout COVID-19 related lockdown: school and college students’ perspective. Med J Armed Forces India. 2021;77:S79–S84. doi:10.1016/j.mjafi.2020.12.008
22. Daumiller M, Rinas R, Hein J, Janke S, Dickhäuser O, Dresel M. Shifting from face-to-face to on-line instructing throughout COVID-19: the position of college school achievement objectives for attitudes in direction of this sudden change, and their relevance for burnout/engagement and scholar evaluations of instructing high quality. Comput Human Behav. 2021;118:106677. doi:10.1016/j.chb.2020.106677
23. Scherer R, Howard SK, Tondeur J, Siddiq F. Profiling lecturers’ readiness for on-line instructing and studying in greater schooling: who’s prepared? Comput Human Behav. 2021;118:106675. doi:10.1016/j.chb.2020.106675
24. Srivastava S, Jacob J, Charles AS, et al. Emergency distant studying in anatomy throughout the COVID-19 pandemic: a examine evaluating tutorial components contributing to anxiousness amongst first yr medical college students. Med J Armed Forces India. 2021;77:S90–S98. doi:10.1016/j.mjafi.2020.12.012
25. Asanov I, Flores F, McKenzie D, Mensmann M, Schulte M. Distant-learning, time-use, and psychological well being of Ecuadorian high-school college students throughout the COVID-19 quarantine. World Dev. 2021;138:105225. doi:10.1016/j.worlddev.2020.105225
26. Broadus RN. Towards a definition of “bibliometrics”. Scientometrics. 1987;12(5–6):373–379. doi:10.1007/BF02016680
27. Cuccurullo C, Aria M, Sarto F. Foundations and developments in efficiency administration. A twenty-five years bibliometric evaluation in enterprise and public administration domains. Scientometrics. 2016;108(2):595–611. doi:10.1007/s11192-016-1948-8
28. Merigó JM, Gil-Lafuente AM, Yager RR. An summary of fuzzy analysis with bibliometric indicators. Appl Delicate Comput. 2015;27:420–433. doi:10.1016/j.asoc.2014.10.035
29. Adedoyin OB, Soykan E. Covid-19 pandemic and on-line studying: the challenges and alternatives. In: Interactive Studying Environments. Taylor & Francis; 2020:1–13.
30. Almaiah MA, Al-Khasawneh A, Althunibat A. Exploring the crucial challenges and components influencing the E-learning system utilization throughout COVID-19 pandemic. Educ Inf Technol. 2020;25:5261–5280. doi:10.1007/s10639-020-10219-y
31. Boelens R, De Wever B, Voet M. 4 key challenges to the design of blended studying: a scientific literature assessment. Educ Res Rev. 2017;22:1–18. doi:10.1016/j.edurev.2017.06.001
32. Dedeilia A, Sotiropoulos MG, Hanrahan JG, Janga D, Dedeilias P, Sideris M. Medical and surgical schooling challenges and improvements within the COVID-19 period: a scientific assessment. In Vivo (Brooklyn). 2020;34(3 suppl):1603–1611. doi:10.21873/invivo.11950
33. Petillion RJ, McNeil WS. Scholar experiences of emergency distant instructing: impacts of teacher apply on scholar studying, engagement, and well-Being. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):2486–2493. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00733
34. Delnoij LE, Dirkx KJ, Janssen JP, Martens RL. Predicting and resolving non-completion in greater (on-line) schooling–A literature assessment. Educ Res Rev. 2020;29:100313. doi:10.1016/j.edurev.2020.100313
35. Nickerson LA, Shea KM. First-semester natural chemistry throughout COVID-19: prioritizing group work, flexibility, and scholar engagement. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):3201–3205. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00674
36. Youssef M, McKinstry EL, Dunne A, Bitton A, Brady AG, Jordan T. Growing partaking distant laboratory actions for a nonmajors chemistry course throughout COVID-19. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):3048–3054. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00792
37. Johnson SS, Gaines MK, Van Vleet MJ, et al. Unleashing our chemistry superpowers: selling scholar success and well-being at a black girls’s faculty throughout COVID-19. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):3369–3373. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00728
38. Singhal MK. Facilitating digital medicinal chemistry energetic studying assignments utilizing superior zoom options throughout COVID-19 campus closure. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):2711–2714. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00675
39. Jones EV, Shepler CG, Evans MJ. Synchronous online-delivery: a novel strategy to on-line lab instruction. J Chem Educ. 2021;98(3):850–857. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c01365
40. Kelley EW. Pattern plan for simple, cheap, secure, and related hands-on, at-home moist natural chemistry laboratory actions. J Chem Educ. 2021;98:1622–1635. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c01172
41. Nguyen JG, Keuseman KJ. Chemistry within the kitchen laboratories at residence. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):3042–3047. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00626
42. Ibarra-Rivera TR, Delgado-Montemayor C, Oviedo-Garza F, et al. Establishing an academic column chromatography experiment from residence. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):3055–3059. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00532
43. Warning LA, Kobylianskii Ok. A choose-your-own-adventure-style digital lab exercise. J Chem Educ. 2021;98(3):924–929. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c01241
44. Jelińska M, Paradowski MB. Lecturers’ notion of scholar dealing with emergency distant instruction throughout the COVID-19 pandemic: the relative influence of educator demographics and skilled adaptation and adjustment. Entrance Psychol. 2021;12. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2021.648443
45. Stevens KE, Stevens RE, Grady RL. Facilitating Scholar–Teacher and Scholar–Scholar Interplay Throughout Distant Studying Utilizing a 3D Printed Mirror Mount. ACS Publications; 2021.
46. Aria M, Cuccurullo C. bibliometrix: an R-tool for complete science mapping evaluation. J Informetr. 2017;11(4):959–975. doi:10.1016/j.joi.2017.08.007
47. Bornmann L, Haunschild R, Marx W. Coverage paperwork as sources for measuring societal influence: how usually is local weather change analysis talked about in policy-related paperwork? Scientometrics. 2016;109(3):1477–1495. doi:10.1007/s11192-016-2115-y
48. Deng J, Zhang Y, Qin B, Yao X, Deng Y. Developments of publications associated to local weather change and lake analysis from 1991 to 2015. J Limnol. 2017;76(3):240–252. doi:10.4081/jlimnol.2016.1547
49. Singh V, Verma S, Chaurasia SS. Mapping the themes and mental construction of company college: co-citation and cluster analyses. Scientometrics. 2020;122(3):1275–1302. doi:10.1007/s11192-019-03328-0
50. Hirsch JE. An index to quantify an particular person’s scientific analysis output. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2005;102(46):16569–16572. doi:10.1073/pnas.0507655102
51. Molinari A, Molinari J-F. Mathematical features of a brand new criterion for rating scientific establishments based mostly on the h-index. Scientometrics. 2008;75(2):339–356. doi:10.1007/s11192-007-1872-z
52. Worth D. Little Science, Massive Science. Columbia College Press; 1963.
53. Wei Y, Yuan X, Wu G, Yang L. Local weather change threat evaluation: a bibliometric evaluation based mostly on internet of science. Bull Nationwide Nat Sci Discovered China. 2014;28(5):347–356.
54. Wei C, Khoury R, Fong S. Net 2.0 advice service by multi-collaborative filtering belief community algorithm. Inf Syst Entrance. 2013;15(4):533–551. doi:10.1007/s10796-012-9377-6
55. Zhou W. In defence of the WTO: why do we’d like a multilateral buying and selling system? Leg Points Econ Integr. 2020;47(1):9–42. doi:10.54648/LEIE2020002
56. Li L, Zhu Q-H. An empirical examine of coauthorship evaluation utilizing social community evaluation. Inf Sci. 2008;4(200):449–555.
57. Perez C, Germon R. Graph creation and evaluation for linking actors: software to social information. In: Automating Open Supply Intelligence. Elsevier; 2016:103–129.
58. Newman ME. A measure of betweenness centrality based mostly on random walks. Soc Networks. 2005;27(1):39–54. doi:10.1016/j.socnet.2004.11.009
59. Aimin Z. The cluster evaluation of co-occurrence energy in the sector of information administration in 2006. Mod Inf. 2008;28(5):30–33.
60. Renlei YSZJ. Analysis hotspots evaluation of digital library based mostly on key phrases co-occurrence evaluation and social community evaluation. J Acad Lib. 2011;4.doi:10.25236/iemb.2021.025
61. Lijia ZW. The analysis of co-word evaluation (1)——the method and strategies of co-word evaluation. J Inf. 2008;5:155–205.
62. Bao W. COVID‐19 and on-line instructing in greater schooling: a case examine of Peking College. Hum Behav Emerg Techno. 2020;2(2):113–115. doi:10.1002/hbe2.191
63. Hodges CB, Fowler DJ. The COVID-19 disaster and school members in greater schooling: from emergency distant instructing to raised instructing by way of reflection. Intl J Multidiscip Pers Larger Educ. 2020;5(1):118–122. doi:10.32674/jimphe.v5i1.2507
64. Sahu P. Closure of universities resulting from coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID-19): influence on schooling and psychological well being of college students and tutorial workers. Cureus. 2020;12(4). doi:10.7759/cureus.7541
65. König J, Jäger-Biela DJ, Glutsch N. Adapting to on-line instructing throughout COVID-19 faculty closure: trainer schooling and trainer competence results amongst early profession lecturers in Germany. Eur J Educate Educ. 2020;43(4):608–622. doi:10.1080/02619768.2020.1809650
66. Favale T, Soro F, Trevisan M, Drago I, Mellia M. Campus visitors and e-learning throughout COVID-19 pandemic. Comput Netw. 2020;176:107290. doi:10.1016/j.comnet.2020.107290
67. Iivari N, Sharma S, Ventä-Olkkonen L. Digital transformation of on a regular basis life–how COVID-19 pandemic reworked the fundamental schooling of the younger era and why info administration analysis ought to care? Int J Inf Handle. 2020;55:102183. doi:10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2020.102183
68. Iyer P, Aziz Ok, Ojcius DM. Influence of COVID‐19 on dental schooling in the US. J Dent Educ. 2020;84(6):718–722. doi:10.1002/jdd.12163
69. Kapasia N, Paul P, Roy A, et al. Influence of lockdown on studying standing of undergraduate and postgraduate college students throughout COVID-19 pandemic in West Bengal, India. Youngster Youth Serv Rev. 2020;116:105194. doi:10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105194
70. Longhurst GJ, Stone DM, Dulohery Ok, Scully D, Campbell T, Smith CF. Energy, weak point, alternative, menace (SWOT) evaluation of the variations to anatomical schooling in the UK and Republic of Eire in response to the Covid‐19 pandemic. Anat Sci Educ. 2020;13(3):301–311. doi:10.1002/ase.1967
71. Moorhouse BL. Diversifications to a face-to-face preliminary trainer schooling course ‘pressured’on-line resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. J Educ Educate. 2020;46(4):609–611. doi:10.1080/02607476.2020.1755205
72. Van Nuland S, Mandzuk D, Tucker Petrick Ok, Cooper T. COVID-19 and its results on trainer schooling in Ontario: a complicated adaptive methods perspective. J Educ Educate. 2020;46(4):442–451. doi:10.1080/02607476.2020.1803050
73. Amir LR, Tanti I, Maharani DA, et al. Scholar perspective of classroom and distance studying throughout COVID-19 pandemic within the undergraduate dental examine program Universitas Indonesia. BMC Med Educ. 2020;20(1):1–8. doi:10.1186/s12909-020-02312-0
74. Langegård U, Kiani Ok, Nielsen SJ, Svensson P-A. Nursing college students’ experiences of a pedagogical transition from campus studying to distance studying utilizing digital instruments. BMC Nurs. 2021;20(1):1–10. doi:10.1186/s12912-021-00542-1
75. Müller C, Mildenberger T. Facilitating versatile studying by changing classroom time with a web-based studying surroundings: a scientific assessment of blended studying in greater schooling. Educ Res Rev. 2021;34:100394. doi:10.1016/j.edurev.2021.100394
76. Tejedor S, Cervi L, Pérez-Escoda A, Jumbo FT. Digital literacy and greater schooling throughout COVID-19 lockdown: Spain, Italy, and Ecuador. Publications. 2020;8(4):48. doi:10.3390/publications8040048
77. Caraballo RM, Saleh Medina LM, Gomez SG, Vensaus P, Hamer M. Turmeric and RGB evaluation: a low-cost experiment for instructing acid–base equilibria at residence. J Chem Educ. 2021;98(3):958–965. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c01165
78. Mirowsky JE. Changing an environmental sampling strategies lecture/laboratory course into an inquiry-based laboratory expertise throughout the transition to distance studying. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):2992–2995. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00591
79. Zewail-Foote M. Pivoting an upper-level, project-based biochemistry laboratory class to on-line studying throughout COVID-19: enhancing analysis abilities and utilizing neighborhood outreach to have interaction undergraduate college students. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):2727–2732. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00543
80. Sikora A, Irby SM, Corridor BL, et al. Responses to the COVID-19 pandemic by the biochemistry genuine scientific inquiry lab (BASIL) CURE consortium: reflections and a case examine on the swap to distant studying. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(9):3455–3462. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00729
81. Ohn-Sabatello T. Incorporating know-how instruments and the 5E tutorial mannequin to train highschool college students chemistry by on-line instruction. J Chem Educ. 2020;97(11):4202–4208. doi:10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00824
82. Toto GA, Limone P. From resistance to digital applied sciences within the context of the response to distance studying in the varsity context throughout COVID-19. Educ Sci. 2021;11(4):163. doi:10.3390/educsci11040163
83. Engelberger F, Galaz-Davison P, Bravo G, Rivera M, Ramírez-Sarmiento CA. Growing and Implementing Cloud-Primarily based Tutorials That Mix Bioinformatics Software program, Interactive Coding, and Visualization Workout routines for Distance Studying on Structural Bioinformatics. ACS Publications; 2021.
84. Bryson JR, Andres L. Covid-19 and speedy adoption and improvisation of on-line instructing: curating sources for intensive versus intensive on-line studying experiences. J Geogr Excessive Educ J. 2020;44(4):608–623. doi:10.1080/03098265.2020.1807478
85. Fotheringham P, Harriott T, Healy G, Arenge G, Wilson E. Pressures and influences on faculty leaders navigating coverage improvement throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Br Educ Res J. 2021;48(2):201–227.
86. Byrnes KG, Kiely PA, Dunne CP, McDermott KW, Coffey JC. Communication, collaboration and contagion:“Virtualisation” of anatomy throughout COVID‐19. Clin Anat. 2021;34(1):82–89. doi:10.1002/ca.23649
87. Mohamed Ok, Rodríguez-Román E, Rahmani F, et al. Borderless collaboration is required for COVID-19—A illness that is aware of no borders. Infect Management Hosp Epidemiol. 2020;41(10):1245–1246. doi:10.1017/ice.2020.162
88. Seturidze R, Topuria N. A means of growing collaboration between universities and companies in a time of COVID-19. Kybernetes. 2021;50:1661–1678. doi:10.1108/Ok-08-2020-0518
89. Raburu G. Software of know-how in strengthening collaboration in analysis, instructing and studying for African Universities within the put up COVID-19. Period; 2020.
90. Nair P. Reimagining greater schooling within the post-pandemic world. In: Reworking Curriculum Via Instructor-Learner Partnerships. IGI International; 2021:1–9.
91. Kamble A, Gauba R, Desai S, Golhar D. Learners’ notion of the transition to instructor-led on-line studying environments: facilitators and limitations throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Int Rev Res Open Distance Study. 2021;22(1):199–215. doi:10.19173/irrodl.v22i1.4971
92. Du Preez P, Le Grange L. The COVID-19 pandemic, on-line instructing/studying, the digital divide and epistemological entry. Unpublished Pap. 2020;1:90–106.